Eating Vegetables is very important for your overall health and specially when it comes to dieting .They provide a lot of nutrient benefits that can reduces risk of some chronic diseases .Vegetables are a good sources of potassium, dietary fiber, folate (folic acid) , vitamin A, and vitamin C. They also are low in calories and fat which are very important for your macros intake. Here are some of the health benefits you get form eating a lot of vegetables .
- They can reduce risk for heart disease, including heart attack and stroke.
- They can protect against certain types of cancers.
- They help with obesity, and type 2 diabetes.
- They can lower blood pressure, and may also reduce the risk of developing kidney stones which help decreasing bone loss.
- They can reduce blood cholesterol levels and are important for proper bowel function as it can also helps reduce constipation and diverticulosis.
- They help your body form red blood cells.
- They keep your eyes and skin healthy and helps to protect against infections.
- They can help you heal from cuts and wounds and also keeps teeth and gums healthy.